Thursday, November 30, 2017

End of 2017 is Fast Approaching.

Good morning. 

Here we are, the last day of November. Where has the time gone? Tomorrow is the first of December. The Christmas rush is starting. I love getting everything done early, the decorating, the shopping (just about done). Then I can sit back and truly enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas. We do our family Christmas early, this year the 16th of December. That way each individual family has Christmas weekend for their own. Works out well for everyone. We usually spend part of Christmas weekend with some very good friends.

Thanksgiving was great this year. It was the first Thanksgiving for our first great grandchild, Lucy. It was the first time some of the family got to meet her.  Needless to say, she is beautiful. She got a lot of loving that day. Very exciting time in our family. The last baby born in our family was 16 ½ years ago. Little miss Lucy’s aunt, Sadie. We were only missing two family members this year, Monica and her husband Travis. Travis is a youth pastor and Christmas it very busy for them at their church. So they spend Thanksgiving with his family every year. We are a growing family. There was 27 of us this year. Fun times.

Not sure if I will post again before Christmas. I have opened a store on Etsy-Smalltowngiggles. I am busy making instant download printable greeting cards. So between my teachers pay teachers shop and my Etsy shop, I spend some of my free time creating. I love it. And we still walk most morning and enjoy our 10 a.m. (more like 10:30) Dr. Pepper. No deck sitting or sunroom sitting this time of year but in front of the fireplace. Works for me.

Don’t forget to take time to enjoy the holiday. Family time and friends are more important than all the hustle and bustle.

Take care,

Rose

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you! Merry Christmas and I'm going over to your etsy shop to take a peak. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete