Thursday, September 11, 2014

A day to remember.

Today is one of those days, when we all remember where we were and what we were doing when the towers came down. I was just getting breakfast on the table for 6 daycare kids. I had the radio on, as usual, for morning news. But like most mornings back then, I would not catch much news. I heard something about plane crash but with 6 six hungry mouths, it didn't register what I had heard. Next thing I knew the phone was ringing and my youngest daughter asking what I thought about the plane crash. At that point, I didn't know what she was talking about. All she could say, " was turn on your T.V".  Six little kids to care for and the world changing forever, a day I will never forget. Scared for what the rest of the day might bring. I remember how quiet the world seemed when all planes were grounded. We live in the fight path of Eppley Airfield in Omaha for planes going east. No planes made the world seem unreal. We had a planned Zonk night the next evening and usually the T.V. is off. But that evening we were all wanting it on, listening to the latest development. Even today, 13 years later, that day brings sadness and tears.


God bless America today and always. God be with us.

Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment