Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thanking all of our veterans today, especially two special men in my life, past and present.


Thanking all of our veterans today, especially these two special men in my life, past and present.

John Hascall U.S. Army WW 2

Jerry L. Hascall U.S. Navy 1958-1964
Our family was a family of servers; John Hascall,(Jerry’s dad), all of John’s brothers, and all of John’s sons, Darwin, Wayne, David and Jerry, and now a grandson, Steve Mauer. One of my daughters asked why we didn’t make a big deal out of this over the years. To answer that, this is what I said,

“I don't know. You are right. We definitely should have. I think in years past we as a whole, Americans, just took our freedom for granted. Today, with the world the way it is and after 2011, we know it can change in an instant.” And I hope and pray, we never forget this important lesson.


Thank a veteran today, not just for serving, but for making it possible for something special to be in your life, like your home, your family, safe and happy, ability to worship at the church of your choice, to travel with out fear of road side bombs. The list goes on.

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment