Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving and black Friday.

Thanksgiving is four days away. As I was making my oatmeal buns for our family Thanksgiving, I got to thinking about family. This will be the first year ever that the whole family won’t be together. It makes me a bit sad but not a lot. You see, two granddaughters are traveling to the “other side” of their “new” families. One has been married for over a year and the other is getting married in Jan. Exciting times. And that is a good thing, a happy time. There will still be plenty of us together to celebrate and still plenty to be very thankful. And this is the way life is supposed to be.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, this brings to mind all the black Friday sales. I do not do theblack Friday scene. I feel it isn’t worth the savings to fight the hassle. This is the black Friday I take part of every year.





Do you take part in the black Friday sales?




Have a good day, stay warm.

Rose

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, those generational fractures are tough on all parties. I know my folks miss me when it's my in-law's turn. But everyone lives in a different state, so there's not much we can do about it.
    NEVER shop on "Black Friday." Ugh! I hate shopping enough on a GOOD day, so nothing in the world would inspire me to join those crowds.

    ReplyDelete