Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Why It Might Be Important To Let Our Kids Play Their Way.





Came across this article today. I so totally agree with it. It talks about how we adults sometimes micro manage our kids. Sometimes called helicopter parenting.  Hubby and I raised four wonderful daughters. They all became successful adults. I were very busy parent helping my hubby run a business, taking care of four kids, keeping what I thought at the time was important, a very clean house (since have learned a very clean house is nice but not that important) had a huge garden and sewed most of the girls and mine clothes. I didn't know at the time that I was so busy it was just the way life was. And I sure didn't have the time to be a helicopter parent. But I think that was a good thing. In all my years of daycare, I usually didn't step in unless it got physical. Most times the kids would work it out themselves.

My kids learned work ethic, how to think for themselves figuring out life on their own. All four girls went off to college, got a Master in Education and one daughter has her Doctorate. Very productive, responsible adults. Maybe this is why I liked this article. It is so true in my book.

Enjoy and have a good day,
Rose

P.S. You can read the article by following the link below.










3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I was a childcare owner and Nanny for close to 30 years, while also raising my 3 sons. I never hovered or arranged for play dates...Now days, parents do everything for their children and give them everything they want. I shudder to think how this generation of little ones, will be when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the way kids are being raised contributes to the lack of respect for authority. The now generation is so used to getting their way that they react wrongly when they can't get their way. And I agree it will probably get worse before it gets better. All we can do is hope and play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too bad, tho, that our media doesn't focus on all the good kids out there. The ones that are very responsible, the ones that are being raised like we were. If they showed the good more than the bad, I think that might help by giving a example of how it should be.

    ReplyDelete