Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium Dubuque Iowa


This lived up to its billing as one of the top attractions in the state of Iowa. We spent almost four hours at the Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium.

The second floor is all about turtles, some on the endangered list, some very unique in looks. There was an alligator, a beaver family, and a tank where you can touch and feel fish. I chose not to take advantage of that option. There was another attached building that had a lot of hands on displays of early river travel. Very interesting.




Dinosaur turtle

Naptime

The tank where you could touch the fish.

Another weird looking turtle.

This guy was just "chilling". The only thing that moved was his eyes following me. 

Rose

2 comments:

  1. We drive by this on our way to D's family. It looks interesting, but was closed this last time through--too bad, because I would have begged to stay and see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about this. I'm a big fan of the Mississippi River, as I used to live alongside it in my childhood days (Vicksburg, MS).

    ReplyDelete