Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Take time to smell the roses OR to drink a Dr. Pepper.

It has been one month since I retired and I am busier than ever. But it is by my choice. Some mornings I work really hard rocking in my chair on the patio. My hubby and I usually stop whatever we are doing around 10 and meet on the patio for our daily D.P., also known as Dr. Pepper. I have gone from one or two sodas a week to a D.P. every day. I am sure that isn’t a good thing but I enjoy our time sitting and visiting. But I find we now sit there till almost time for lunch. We have live entertainment most days. Our patio faces south and all the construction going on with the remodeling the old school building into 34 apartments is fun to watch. And we can see the street out front and all who goes by. These passersby sometimes land up
being a topic of discussion, too. Most afternoons are spent working on TPT products, working my puzzle or reading my book. I have managed, though, to get a lot of projects done that have been on the back burner for a long time. So sitting on the patio and rocking in my antique chair in the morning is a good thing. More on that pair of chairs another day.
Life is good.

Rose

1 comment:

  1. As I was reading this I thought, 'life is good' and then that is how you ended your post!

    ReplyDelete