Friday, February 28, 2014

HELP. I have a problem. I need some cooking advice.



Yesterday, I fixed pork cutlets for supper. First I brown them with salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Then I add potatoes. Cover with a can mushroom soup mixed with a can of water and some Kitchen Bouquet for flavor and color. I always bake this at 350 for about an hour and a half. We love this meal and it is super easy. The Problem?  Lately the liquid cooks away. This happens even when I cook a roast or pork chops in the oven.  My oven is off a few degrees but I have two oven thermometers in it and adjust the temp to reach 350.  And I use a Simply Calphalon nonstick Dutch oven & cover.
I have always thought the lid didn’t fit tight enough and that maybe that was part of the problem. So yesterday, I used foil to cover the pan, plus the lid. And guess what? It didn’t help. I checked it after an hour and good thing I did. It was almost out of liquid. Added a bit of water and left it for another half hour. It was as good as ever, even though it had less gravy than normal. Meat was tender and potatoes were done and tasty.  So, do you think it is the Dutch oven pan or do you think it is my oven?  Anyone ever have a similar problem?  Suggestions welcome.

Have a great weekend.
Rose                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment