Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dancing rainbow dots


A bright, sunny day here in Iowa. And, boy, do we need it. Some of our Iowa interstates are still in bad shape. Travel isn’t recommended on some, even this morning. But the sun will go a long way in make that situation better. It is pretty out, especially for those of us who can stay inside.
Iowa will definitely have a white Christmas. And, I would bet, the roads will be good by evening.


One blogger recently talked about shadows on sunny days Check out the shadows in the snow pictures above. My favorite are the dancing rainbow dots. This time of the year, the early morning sun, is just at the right angle to cause rainbow dots on our living room walls around 8 each morning. This is caused by the sun shining on the crystal balls on our anniversary clock. As the pendulum spins, the rainbow dots dance on the wall. So pretty to watch. Great way to start my day.





                       Have a relaxing, blessed weekend.



8 comments:

  1. Isn't winter beautiful - from indoors, that is. LOL

    Like those rainbow dots and the pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful collection of shadows,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is beautiful...but brrrr....stay warm!

    Your dots make me remember Polyanna....with Haley Mills. She and the little boy were visiting an elderly man who had a reputation as being an old ogre...and she showed him how the crystals on his lamp made rainbows on the wall. They ended up hanging all the crystals across the window and making friends with the man, then he showed up at their fund raiser with crystals to donate....wonderful movie...Disney from around 1960. I watched it with my granddaughter not very long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have seen that movie but I have heard of it. Sounds like one I would like. The old movies are great, especially if you are watching them with kids.

      Delete
    2. Oh, my goodness! You have not seen it??? PLEASE go and check it out....or if you have Vudu or Netflix...rent it! It will make you laugh and cry!!! You don't even need a child to watch it with...guarantee, you won't be sorry!

      Delete
  4. Love those shadows on your wall - and beautiful snow pics!!

    PS - you may want to take off "word verificaton" and just use comment moderation. It is very hard to get those letters and number correct with word verification.
    Just a friendly suggestion.

    Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Kerri. I had it turned off. Not sure how it got turned back on. I wonder if my computer Gremlins are back at it. Haven't "heard" from them in a while. Also, thanks for the lovely comments on my wall.

      Delete
  5. What beautiful photos! Merry Christmas my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete