Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Wandering Mind.




It is one of those days. Tons of thoughts running through my head and yet nothing for a good post. But I am going to try anyway. So here goes. …………………… Nothing. How can that be? I always seem to have something to say. Daycare kids are here. Maybe something exciting will happen. But then, do I really want something exciting to happen. I really prefer a quiet day. I did not want to get out of bed this morning.The bed was  so warm and it is so cold out. It is only 9 above zero and it is almost 10 in the morning. Brrrr. Think I will stay indoors today.
One blogger asked what your favorite pie is. Lemon Meringue. I haven’t made one in years. I have a couple of friends that love Lemon pie as much as me. My hubby doesn’t. I think one day soon, I will make one and the three of us can eat the whole pie. Now that sounds like a good plan. And on that day, it will be calorie free, because “I said so”.  Now that is a familiar phrase, isn’t it? How many times did you hear that and how many times have you said that? I heard it a plenty growing up. It was my Mom’s favorite thing to say, when I would say “why not”? And you know, I used it the same way. And it worked.
Well, I need to think about dinner/lunch. We call the noon meal dinner here in my part of the world. And the evening meal is supper. But I have noticed that is changing as more city folk move to the rural area. What name do you have for your meals?
Anyway, the Baby is napping and the three year old is playing with play dough. She just finished playing with the moon sand. And even helped clean up when she was done. 

Moon sand - 8 cups of flour mixed with 1 cup baby oil. It is clean and very soft and molds like real sand. And cleanup is a breeze. Wonderful for winter days when the real sandbox is covered with snow.

9 comments:

  1. I used to have that same exact red kitchen at my daycare! Oh how I miss it. I still dream of some of my daycare kids... Maybe one day when my sons move out, I could do that again. But not now. I just don't have the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It use to be dinner and supper but I consider dinner to be the big meal of the day, so now it is lunch and dinner. Lemon Meringue is my favorite also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fix a big meal every noon. Our light meal is at suppertime. I have done that for years. My hubby always worked in town was able to come home for the noon meal. And, of course, the daycare kids loved it. Today we had homemade Chicken and noodles, bread sticks, cracker and fresh sliced strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quiet day with children is always a good thing... lol. My mother said: let sleeping dogs sleep and never wake a sleeping baby... My tuesday post was rather mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom always said that and I followed along. I love lemon pie, especially the lemon pie they USED to serve at Chikfila...with the vanilla wafers for crust. I cried when they took it off the menu.

    We call the noon meal lunch and the evening meal supper in our household, but I don't know what anyone else calls it. Who cares what is proper? What works for you and your family is what is right for you.

    And I agree that a dull day is better than an exciting one when you are running a day care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we call lunch at noon and evening meal supper, I will have to make that moon sand, thats very clever!!!I love lemon pie, if you were closer I would make one and you could come for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pie! I love anything lemon--I even take a lemon dessert over CHOCOLATE!

    ReplyDelete